Tuesday, March 1, 2011

19. Christmas Star

This one went to my parents. It's from a jelly roll, which is a whole set of coordinated fabric (from a "line" of fabric)--each print in the line is represented, sometimes twice depending on the line. Each print is cut the full width of the fabric (about 44 inches), but only 2 1/2 inches wide.

They are prettier than they are useful. Mostly because you really can't make a whole quilt top out of one--but you can make a Christmas throw. The other thing that bothers me is that they are so well matched. There is nothing quirky or off-kilter. It blends too well. This is often a plus for many folks, but I feel, well, a little quirky and off-kilter compared to most folks. So I'm not the biggest fan.

But they're sold in a roll, like a jelly roll. They are so pretty. You want to buy them and bring them home and put them on a shelf. I wound up with three by the time it was time to start Christmas quilting. I made two of them into quilts (the other waits patiently for its turn--it is an indigo and white batik set, ah). This is one of them. I think this one was "The 12 Days of Christmas". Probably Moda? I like the quilt. It is jazzy. It lives in my parents' house now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. You can post anonymously but please use your name so I know who you are. I probably won't publish pure anonymous comments. Just sayin.