Wednesday, March 23, 2011

36. In process

Bevin is coming over this afternoon to help paint the dining room, or even just play katamari damacy on the PS3 while I paint. Either is fine. We're using Bioshield, a no VOC brand of paint, in white first because we have to prime this room (the current color is a deep burgundy red). After the white is on, I'm going to order a nice medium gray. I hang so many pictures in that room I just want a nice simple background.

We got rid of the vestment cabinet and as today progresses we will move furniture into the spots where I want it for good.

I almost bought a surplus table at a Borders that was going out of business. It was exactly what I was looking for in style, very very sturdy, but as I cleared books off the top, I realized the top was just a very well finished plywood. Nothing wrong with that, except I don't want just plywood. It was the perfect height and length but not quite as nice as I would want in the end. Eventually I want to convince my father to build me a refectory table (aka monastery table). Of course.

The basement is so much nicer. I'm waiting for the dumpster to be emptied Friday before I continue.

Tiny plants are coming up in the garden. So excited.

The girls' room is laughably messy right now. I'm going on a girl scout field trip Saturday, though, so that will have to wait until I'm home. Later.

I did a bunch of mending while I watched Sherlock on DVD (yummy).

I read about chickens again, sighed, and moved on. It is not my time for chickens. It may never be, in fact. But I still read up.

1 comment:

Hi. You can post anonymously but please use your name so I know who you are. I probably won't publish pure anonymous comments. Just sayin.