Tuesday, March 15, 2011

29. Shoes


I do not own many shoes. Two pairs of black heels. A pair of "Sophia made me buy them" chunky green mary jane-ish things. My black leather heeled things I wear all winter. Flip flops. A pair of white sandals that are no good to me. Biking shoes, garden shoes, hiking boots (but those three all live downstairs). Gretchen down the street pressed me on this the other weekend. Was I forgetting any special occasion shoes? No. I wasn't. Seriously.

All of them (except the work shoes--meaning gardening, biking, and hiking) I will be keep on these shelves at the bottom of this closet organization center I put together this past week. And note how I store them. My cousin Joey showed me this. You know him. He writes little books about how to dress right and what to keep in your closet--his day job is a stylist/personal shopper kind of thing for women with not enough time and too much money. His life is bizarre. But still every Christmas my sisters and I compete to see which one has dressed "right" for Joey. More bizarre.

But the shoe thing. Store them one facing in and one facing out so that you can see the front of the shoe and the height of the heel at the same time. I love those sorts of little tricks that take no time to set up but actually do work.

It might make me buy more shoes. Not like Bevin level or something. But maybe a few more pair as time goes by.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that trick about shoes. I like it. You've mentioned Joey before - oddly, I think about him occasionally.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. You can post anonymously but please use your name so I know who you are. I probably won't publish pure anonymous comments. Just sayin.