Wednesday, March 30, 2011

42. Pumpkin Muffins

Hooray for frozen pureed pumpkin (or perhaps butternut, which technically is a pumpkin after all). Here's my recipe, which is actually a recipe, as opposed to my usual guidelines or lists.

Oven 350

2 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour (sometimes I ease up on the flour ratio)
1 c honey
1 c sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t salt

combine in large bowl, mix until large crumbs. In a separate bowl:

4 eggs, beaten
2/3 c water
1 c oil
2 c pumpkin puree (that's about 1 can but I have mine frozen from last fall)

Pour wet into dry, mix until incorporated. Add 1 c chopped pecans. Fill muffin tin cups (I line with paper) 3/4 way full. Add sprinkles if desired (I did some of mine with sprinkles).

Bake, depending on size of muffin tin cups, 20 minutes. A knife inserted comes out completely clean when they're done. Cool on wire rack but really, eat them hot so they burn your mouth. They're the best pumpkin quick bread thingy I have made.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, these sound delicious. What's in your pumpkin puree? (We don't get canned pumpkin here, and I cringe at the thought to be honest! Besides, my in-laws grow pumpkins and butternut by the dozen, so I have a bottomless supply.)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. You can post anonymously but please use your name so I know who you are. I probably won't publish pure anonymous comments. Just sayin.