Saturday, March 19, 2011

32. Parasol Ladies and Sunbonnet Sues

These two quilts (the Sunbonnet little girl Sues and the older Parasol Ladies) went to my two nieces on Mike's side.

Many of the background fabrics are retired from church (incidental tablecloths, for instance) or from resale shops. They are linen and cotton with a patina of age that makes the whole quilt seem older than it is. I tried to stick to older looking fabrics for the dresses and bonnets and parasols as well, with fair success.

I worked on these dang things off and on all last year. I was so done with them by the time I assembled them in November. Done. But they are lovely and I'm glad I made them (my brother's daughter also has a parasol lady, as does Sophia, and Maeve has a sunbonnet).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. You can post anonymously but please use your name so I know who you are. I probably won't publish pure anonymous comments. Just sayin.