Saturday, December 31, 2011

73. Bourbon Slush

I make some things. This is one of them. This is a method, more than a recipe, since I don't think I've made it the same way twice and this is from memory, in fact. So here goes.

7 cups water
3 cups bourbon
2 cups strong tea
12 oz can frozen lemonade
6 oz (or 12 if you forgot and got the 12 oz can) can frozen oj
1 1/2 cups sugar

Combine the day before. Freeze. Let sit out a bit before serving. Some folks put it in a glass and pour white soda over it. Some folks drink it straight.

My mom's has about half the bourbon and less water--it's more fruit juice and sugar, basically. It's snow cone for grown ups. My version is snow cone for grown ups that makes you slur your words and lose at mah jongg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. You can post anonymously but please use your name so I know who you are. I probably won't publish pure anonymous comments. Just sayin.